48 days ago

"Serious crash: Southern Motorway, Greenlane"

The Team from Counties Manukau Police

Police can advise a serious crash will close a section of the Southern Motorway near Greenlane.

A crash has occurred between a truck and motorcycle on southbound lanes, at around 8am, just prior to the Greenlane on-ramp.

Emergency services are responding to the scene.Police will have further information on injuries in due course.

Motorists are advised that southbound traffic is being diverted off the motorway at the Green Lane East off-ramp, to rejoin on via the on-ramp. Please expect delays in the area.

9.20am UPDATE:
"Fatal crash: Expect ongoing delays on Southern Motorway"

Police can advise a motorcyclist has died following an earlier serious crash on the Southern Motorway, near Greenlane.
A section of State Highway 1 has been closed, with the Serious Crash Unit in attendance. An investigation will commence in due course.

Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this morning's tragic events, including those who may require welfare referrals. If you witnessed the crash, but have left the area please contact 105 and use the reference number P061612219.

Advice for motorists:
Police anticipate the closure of southbound lanes will be place for at least two hours.
Traffic is heavy around the Greenlane interchange.
Southbound traffic is still being diverted off at the Green Lane East off-ramp.
We acknowledge motorists' understanding while important work is carried out at the scene of the fatal crash.
We continue to encourage motorists to consider alternative routes through the city, including using State Highways 16 and 20.
Please allow additional time to reach your destination safely.

Image
More messages from your neighbours
1 day ago

Poll: Is your nearest emergency department up to scratch?

The Team from Neighbourly.co.nz

Concerns have been raised about Nelson Hospital with complaints of lack of staffing and excessive wait times. Do you have confidence in your local emergency department?

Image
Is your nearest emergency department up to scratch?
  • 35.2% Yes, it serves us well
    35.2% Complete
  • 63.8% No, I have concerns
    63.8% Complete
  • 1% Other - I'll share below
    1% Complete
905 votes
3 hours ago

Arrests linked to burglaries

The Team from New Zealand Police

Auckland Central Police have cleared out two apartments full of stolen property, resulting in four arrests.
In the process an excess of 80 stolen items, including 13 electric scooters, have been recovered by Police.

Auckland Central Area Commander Inspector Grant Tetzlaff says an investigation has been underway into a series of burglaries at businesses and apartments in the city over the past month.
On Wednesday morning, the City Tactical Crime Unit along with the Beat Team and Police Support Unit executed two search warrants.
“Operation Rocket homed in on two apartments within a Hobson Street complex,” Inspector Tetzlaff says.
“Inside our teams came across an Aladdin’s cave of stolen property and it’s going to take some time to work through where everything has come from.”
Amongst the find was 13 electric scooters, an assortment of power tools and other electronic valuables.
Some of the power tools have been linked to a North Shore burglary in 2019, Inspector Tetzlaff says.

Four people at the addresses have been arrested and charged.
“Charges laid at this point relate to two burglaries at a Wellesley Street business, and a Union Street apartment last month,” he says.
Those charged are two men, aged 28 and 36, and two women, aged 35 and 41.

A 28-year-old man has been charged with two counts of burglary. He has also been charged with the aggravated robbery of an electric scooter in January.

A 41-year-old woman faces two charges of burglary. The other two arrested face charges of receiving stolen property.

Separately, a 47-year-old woman was located during search warrants in possession of methamphetamine and charged accordingly.
“The team working on Operation Rocket are continuing with their enquiries and further charges cannot be ruled out at this stage,” Inspector Tetzlaff says.
“Burglary is a serious offence and brings with it a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.
“It’s a fantastic outcome as our team continue to work hard in holding this offending to account.”

Those charged are now before the Auckland District Court.

12 hours ago

A Sweet Deal for NZ House & Garden Subscribers!

NZ House & Garden

Looking for the perfect way to treat yourself or a loved one this season? How about a year of expert home design ideas, styling inspiration, and seasonal décor tips PLUS a delightful Easter treat?

Right now, when you subscribe to NZ House & Garden for 1 or 2 years, you’ll receive a Bennetto Easter Gift Pack worth $30 for FREE! But hurry, this sweet offer is only available to the first 250 subscribers, so don't miss out!

Treat yourself or a loved one to the perfect mix of sweet and stylish today!

From the team at Mags4Gifts
Find out more

Image